E- High Voltage- The Safe Operation of High Voltage Power Systems (Limited High Voltage Authorisation) (S1)
The S1 course is aimed at candidates who require competency in the safe operation of high voltage power systems. It is suitable for non-electrical/electrical personnel who are required to enter high voltage switchrooms and perform limited switching operations. It includes both classroom theory and practical exercises.
Upon completion, candidates will be assessed to a competency level suitable for an authorised person (AP) switching and issuing documents for work on single end circuits only.
Course duration - 3 days
Course price - £800.00 per person
- Electrical hazards and precautions
- Electricity at work regulations
- Understanding the arc blast hazard
- Operational and safety features of switchgear
- Substations and safety requirements
- Secondary hazards and emergency conditions
- High voltage safety rules
- Key safes and multihasp systems
- Test equipment for proving dead
- Operational procedures
- Introduction to electrical protection on industrial power systems
- Practical exercises
Who should attend?
Electrical/non-electrical personnel with a basic level of electrical knowledge who are required to carry out restricted HV switching operations with limited safety document issuing responsibilities up to and including 15kV.
Please note - These prices are exclusive of VAT. On booking 20% will be added to the price of the course.