E- City & Guilds Inspection & Testing (2391-52)
This 4 Day City & Guilds Inspection & Testing course is aimed at practicing electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying or who require some update of training. This qualification helps delegates to develop the knowledge and practical skills required to professionally install and carry out initial verification and periodic inspection and testing on electrical installations.
Please note: The four days do not include the 1/2 day practical assessment. We will arrange the assesment date when you come and sit the course.
Course duration - 4 Days
Course price - £1,100.00 per person
Delegates should have a basic knowledge and understanding of electrical science and principles and experience of electrical installation work.
After the course has taken place, delegates will attend a /2 day practical assessment. Upon successful completion delegates will receive n a City & Guilds 2391-52 qualification.
- Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
- Requirements for completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to their being placed into service
- Requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- Requirements for testing before circuits are energised
- Requirements for testing energised installations
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Safety of systems and equipment prior to completion of inspection and testing & commissioning
- Inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Commissioning electrotechnical systems and equipment
- Requirements for inspecting, testing and recording the condition of electrical installations
- Requirements for completing the periodic inspection of electrical installations
- The differences between periodic inspections and initial verifications
- Requirements for the safe testing of electrical installations which have been placed in service
- Understand and interpret test results
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation condition reports and associated documentation
- How to confirm safety of system and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- How to carry out inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- How to test electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- How to produce a condition report with recording observations and classifications
• Complete a short written assignment completed whilst on the course
• Successfully complete one online multiple choice open book exam (2391-052)
• Successfully complete one practical assignment (2391-502)
Pre Course Requirements
Practical inspection, testing and reporting experience on single and three phase installations. A candidate check list will be required before enrolment
City & Guilds 18th Edition Wiring Regulations would be beneficial but not a requirement.
Delegates must be over the age of 18.
Please note - These prices are exclusive of VAT. On booking 20% will be added to the price of the course.