E- CompEx Refresher (3 Day)
The 3 day CompEx Refresher course provides update and refresher training and assessment for electrical and instrument technicians working in hazardous areas. Theoretical selection and fault identification training and assessment takes place within a number of simulated situations which allows operatives to continue to meet national competence standards.
Course duration - 3 Days
Course price - £495.00 per person
The CompEx refresher course is an accredited international scheme that validates underpinning knowledge for those having responsibilities or working in ‘Explosive atmospheres'.
- General principles, ignition properties and apparatus protection
- Standards, Certification and marking
- Flameproof Ex’d’ protection
- Increased safety Ex’e’,
- Type Ex’n’ protection
- Pressurisation Ex‘px’, Ex’py’ and Ex’pz’ protection
- Intrinsic safety Ex ‘ia', 'ib' and 'ic' protection
- Other methods of protection, Ex’o’, Ex’q’ and Ex’m’
- Combined (hybrid) methods of protection
- Wiring systems, enclosure entries, cable glanding and earthing
- Inspection and maintenance to EN / IEC 60079-17
- Sources of ignition
- Equipment selection
- Fault finding exercises
Please note - These prices are exclusive of VAT. On booking 20% will be added to the price of the course.